About Casa De Los Pobres USA
Casa De Los Pobres, U.S.A. is a non-profit corporation formed to support Casa de los Pobres in Tijuana, Mexico. Hundreds of donors help to keep the Casa’s doors open each month, to feed and help the poorest of the poor in the city’s colonias.
- The mission of the Casa de los Pobres USA is to support the Casa de los Pobres in Tijuana, Mexico, a non-profit that serves the poor in Tijuana by providing food, clothing, medical care and other needed services.
The Directors of the USA Non-Profit corporation are:
Caroline Kelner, President
Rev. Gil Gentile, SJ, Vice President
Steven Shackford, MD, FACS, Treasurer
Renate Pilz, Secretary
Ruth Gomez, Secretary
Rev. Msgr. Dennis Mikulanis
Rev. Matt Spahr
Deacon Kevin Murray, MD
Sr. Armida Andrade MFP
- Sister Armida has been serving at the Casa de los Pobres for more than 35 years.
How You Can Help:
- Donations are needed! Please make your check payable to: Casa de los Pobres, USA
- Mail to: Casa de Los Pobres USA, P.O Box 9596, San Diego, CA 92169
- NEW! Donate online by credit card or PayPal!
Casa De Los Pobres, U.S.A. Tax ID #45-0514951
NEW Drop-Off Location for Donations — St. Brigid’s Parish Hall, 4735 Cass Street, San Diego 92109, Monday – Friday 8 am to 4:00 pm
We will gladly accept your donations of:
- Canned, dried, and boxed food items (unexpired)
- Beans, rice (in packages of 10 or 20 pounds)
- Blankets, sleeping bags, tarps
- Hygienic and cleaning supplies
- New sheets, new towels
- New clothes, socks, shoes (sorry, we cannot accept used items)
- Medicine and vitamins (Tylenol, cough medicine, children’s cold medicine, daily vitamins — unexpired)
Please place your donations in white plastic bags with “CASA” written on them.
Sorry, we cannot accept any used clothing, used shoes, any type of electrical item, and any building materials.